If you or a loved one is involved in a car accident due to weather-related conditions, understanding your legal rights and seeking professional guidance is crucial.
Millions of Americans are under winter weather alerts as cold weather patterns move across the eastern states. Unfortunately, winter weather creates hazardous road conditions, increasing the risk of car accidents.
At Apicella & Schlesinger Attorneys at Law, we specialize in helping individuals navigate the complexities of personal injury claims stemming from winter weather incidents. Contact our car accident lawyers to schedule a free consultation.
In the aftermath of a winter-weather car accident, it’s essential to comprehend the legal aspects specific to these incidents. Our experienced attorneys at Apicella & Schlesinger can guide you through the nuances, from establishing liability to addressing contributory factors such as icy roads, poor visibility, or inadequate maintenance.
Causes of Winter Weather Auto Accidents
Winter weather can create hazardous road conditions, increasing the risk of car accidents. Common winter weather car accidents include:
- Black Ice Accidents: Black ice is difficult to see, and drivers may lose control when encountering it on the road.
- Skidding and Sliding: Snow and ice-covered roads can lead to vehicles skidding or sliding, especially during turns or sudden stops.
- Snow Pileups: Accumulated snow on the road can cause vehicles to pile up, especially if it hasn’t been plowed or salted.
- Snowstorms: Heavy snowfall can reduce visibility, making it difficult for drivers to see other vehicles, road signs, or obstacles.
- Reduced Stopping Distance: Snow and ice can increase the distance required for a vehicle to come to a complete stop, leading to rear-end collisions.
- Icy Intersections: Intersections, where cars often need to stop and start, can be particularly hazardous in winter.
- Collisions with Snow Plows: Accidents can occur when drivers don’t give snow plows enough space or attempt to pass them in hazardous conditions.
Determining Liability in Winter Weather Cases
Proving liability in winter weather-related accidents can be challenging. Whether it’s a collision on icy roads or a pileup due to poor visibility, our attorneys can assess the circumstances and determine who may be responsible. We strive to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Navigating insurance claims can be daunting, especially when weather conditions come into play. Our legal team has extensive experience dealing with insurance companies. We can advocate for your rights to ensure you receive fair compensation for damages, medical expenses, and other losses from the winter weather car accident.
Pursuing Compensation for Winter Weather-Related Injuries
Winter accidents can lead to various injuries, from minor to severe. Apicella & Schlesinger is committed to helping you pursue compensation for medical bills, rehabilitation costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering caused by injuries sustained in the winter weather car accident.
Free Consultation with a New York Car Accident Lawyer
Contact Apicella & Schlesinger Attorneys at Law to request a free consultation.(212) 568-4245