Marni F. Schlesinger
Committed to Protecting Civil Rights of Clients in New York City
Ms. Schlesinger is a junior partner in the firm of Apicella & Schlesinger, which she joined in 2008.
Prior to joining, Ms. Schlesinger worked in real estate. Ms. Schlesinger graduated from Boston University in 1999. Before and throughout law school, Ms. Schlesinger interned in both the Kings County District Attorney’s Office in the Early Case Assessment Bureau (ECAB) as well as the Queens County District Attorney’s Office in the general felony, Homicide Investigations, and Homicide Trials bureaus. Additionally, she interned for both criminal and matrimonial state judges in the Queens County Supreme Court. In 2007, she graduated from Hofstra University School of Law.
Ms. Schlesinger is currently a member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Bronx Bar Association, American Bar Association, National Police Accountability Project, National Lawyers Guild, and New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. Her practice focuses on Civil Rights (including Police Misconduct, Police Brutality and False Arrests), Sanitation Accidents and Injuries, Personal Injury, Construction Accident Injuries and Wills.
Areas of Practice
- New York, 2008
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, NY
- J.D. – 2007
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.A. – 1999
- Major: Political Science
- Professional Associations
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA), Member
- Bronx County Bar Association (BCBA), Member
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- National Police Accountability Project (NPAP), Member
- National Lawyers Guild (NLG), Member
- New York State Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NYSACDL), Member
- New York Criminal Bar Association (NYCBA), Member