These tips can help you protect your legal rights and get the compensation you need and deserve.
Dealing with insurance companies after a car accident can be frustrating and intimidating, especially if you don’t have experience handling such situations. It’s vital to understand that insurance companies are not on your side, no matter how friendly they seem.
Apicella & Schlesinger Attorneys at Law has won millions of dollars in compensation for injured car accident victims in New York. When dealing with your insurance company, we can walk you through the right things to say and ask. We can also help you file a claim and ensure you don’t accept a low settlement.
Tips When Dealing with Insurance Companies
- Don’t give a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company – You are not required to provide a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance company. They may try contacting you to get your version of events, but it’s best to consult your lawyer first. Anything you say to the other driver’s insurance company could be used against you in court.
- Be careful what you say to insurance adjusters – Insurance adjusters may try to pressure you into admitting fault or accepting a lower settlement offer. Be careful what you say to them, and don’t agree to anything without consulting your lawyer first.
- Document everything – Take photos of the accident scene, including damage to your vehicle and any injuries sustained. Keep all documents related to the accident, such as police reports and medical bills.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible – After a car accident, contact your insurance company and report the incident. Be sure to provide them with all the necessary information, such as the location of the accident, the date and time of the accident, and any injuries sustained. This will help speed up the claims process.
- Get a copy of your policy – Read your insurance policy carefully and make sure you understand your coverage. This will help you determine what damages you are entitled to and how much compensation you should receive.
- Contact a car accident lawyer – If you’re having difficulty dealing with insurance companies or feel like you’re not getting the compensation you deserve, consider hiring a car accident lawyer. They can help you navigate the claims process and protect your rights.
Dealing with insurance companies after a car accident can be overwhelming, but following these tips can help you protect your rights and get the compensation you need and deserve.
Free Consultation with a New York Car Accident Lawyer
Contact Apicella & Schlesinger Attorneys at Law to request a free consultation.(212) 568-4245