From sanitation trucks to 18-wheelers, being involved in an accident with one of these massive vehicles presents various complications that require the assistance of a truck accident lawyer.
Being involved in a truck accident can be a life-altering experience, leaving victims with physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial burdens. When faced with the aftermath of a truck accident, it’s crucial to understand your rights and the importance of seeking legal representation.
Complications of Truck Accidents
Being involved in a truck accident can lead to various complications, which can vary depending on the accident’s severity. Here are some potential complications that may arise:
- Physical injuries: Truck accidents often result in severe physical injuries due to the size and weight disparity between trucks and other vehicles. Common injuries include broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, internal organ damage, lacerations, and burns. These injuries can lead to long-term disability and chronic pain and require extensive medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Emotional and psychological impact: The emotional and psychological effects of a truck accident can be significant. Individuals involved in such accidents may experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other emotional disorders. Psychological trauma can affect a person’s ability to drive or ride in a vehicle again, leading to a diminished quality of life.
- Financial burden: Truck accidents can result in substantial financial burdens. Medical expenses can quickly accumulate due to hospitalization, surgeries, medications, and ongoing therapy. Additionally, there may be property damage to vehicles involved in the accident, and the cost of repair or replacement can be substantial. Lost wages due to missed work and potential loss of future earning capacity can also contribute to financial strain.
- Legal issues: Truck accidents often involve complex legal matters. Determining liability and insurance coverage can be challenging, especially when multiple parties are involved, such as the truck driver, trucking company, vehicle manufacturers, or other third parties. Legal proceedings may be necessary to seek compensation for medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Dealing with legal matters can be time-consuming, stressful, and emotionally draining.
- Long-term consequences: Some truck accident injuries can have long-term or permanent effects. For example, a severe spinal cord injury may result in paralysis or mobility limitations, requiring lifelong medical care and assistance. Long-term consequences can significantly impact an individual’s ability to work, participate in daily activities, and enjoy everyday life.
- Insurance complications: Dealing with insurance companies after a truck accident can be challenging. Insurance adjusters may attempt to minimize the settlement or deny the claim altogether. Navigating the complex insurance process and understanding policy coverage can be overwhelming, especially during physical and emotional recovery.
It’s essential to seek immediate medical attention after a truck accident and consult with legal professionals to understand your rights and options for compensation.
Contact Apicella & Schlesinger Attorneys at Law
If you or a loved one have been involved in a truck accident, seeking the assistance of a truck accident lawyer is crucial to protect your rights and pursue fair compensation. At Apicella & Schlesinger Attorneys at Law, our expertise, knowledge of trucking regulations, and experience handling complex cases will ensure you receive the justice and financial support you deserve.