Why do rollover crashes happen? And what should you do if you or your loved one have been injured in a rollover car accident?
While vehicle rollovers account for only 1% of all traffic accidents nationwide, they account for approximately 30% of passenger vehicle occupant fatalities. In addition to these fatalities, many more are severely injured in these accidents. So, why do rollover crashes happen? And what should you do if you or your loved one have been injured in a rollover car accident?
No one expects to be seriously injured due to another person’s driving mistake or other reckless action. When such an accident does occur, most people are unsure what to do. If you or your loved one were involved in a rollover accident and suffered extensive injuries, contact our NY car accident attorneys.
What Causes Rollover Crashes?
There are several reasons why rollover accidents occur. Some common causes include:
- Excessive Speed: When a driver is going too fast, they may be unable to stop or maneuver their car quickly enough to avoid a rollover accident.
- Distracted Driving: Texting, talking on the phone, and other distractions can lead to drivers taking their eyes off the road, resulting in a rollover accident.
- Unsafe Road Conditions: Icy roads, wet roads, and other unsafe driving conditions can cause drivers to lose control of their cars, leading to a rollover accident.
- Driver Error: Making a wrong turn, misjudging a curve, or driving while impaired can lead to a rollover accident.
- Drifting off the Road: If a driver falls asleep behind the wheel or drifts off the road, they may lose control of their car and end up in a rollover accident.
- Unsafe Loads: If a truck carries too much weight or its load is not secured correctly, it can lead to a rollover accident.
What to Do After a Rollover Accident
Being involved in a rollover car accident can be a confusing and overwhelming experience. However, there are several steps you should take.
First, if you’ve been injured in a rollover accident, it’s essential to seek medical attention, even if you think your injuries are minor. Immediate medical attention will ensure that you receive the treatment you need for any injuries you may have sustained.
Ensure you keep a record of all your injuries and medical records, including photos if possible. This will help your attorney build a strong case on your behalf. It is also important to contact an attorney as soon as possible after a rollover accident. An experienced lawyer can help you file a claim and fight to protect your legal rights.
Contact a NY Car Accident Attorney
No one expects to be seriously injured due to another person’s driving mistake or other reckless action. When such an accident does occur, most people are unsure what to do. Apicella & Schlesinger is proud to provide our clients with personalized, comprehensive representation in various practice areas.