One problem that may not be immediately realized is hidden car accident injuries. The ones that are not as obvious are sometimes the most problematic.
Car accident victims face various challenges in the aftermath of their accidents. The impact can cause significant damage to the driver, passengers, and vehicle. Depending on the severity of the crash, these damages result in costly medical bills, hospital stays, physical therapy, lost wages, property damage, and more.
However, one problem that may not be immediately realized is hidden injuries. Major injuries like fractures, cuts, and lacerations typically have apparent symptoms. But the injuries that are not as obvious are sometimes the most problematic.
If you have been involved in an auto accident in New York, you may have hidden injuries with delayed symptoms. When this happens, most victims are unsure of what to do. Apicella & Schlesinger Attorneys at Law has helped thousands of auto accident victims and their families in the aftermath of their accidents. We provide our clients with personalized, comprehensive representation.
Injuries You Shouldn’t Ignore
Auto accidents are common on New York roads, and unfortunately, they can lead to severe injuries. In some cases, the injuries sustained may not be immediately apparent, and this can be dangerous as they could worsen over time if not treated promptly. Therefore, seeking medical attention after an auto accident is essential, even if you feel fine. Here are some auto accident injuries that you shouldn’t ignore.
- Head injuries – Head injuries are common in auto accidents and can be very dangerous. Even a minor bump to the head can cause a concussion, a traumatic brain injury that can have serious long-term effects. Symptoms of a concussion may not show up immediately, but if you experience headaches, dizziness, nausea, or confusion after an accident, you should immediately seek medical attention.
- Neck injuries – Whiplash is a common neck injury that occurs in auto accidents. It happens when the head is abruptly jerked back and forth, causing strain on the neck muscles and ligaments. Symptoms of whiplash may not show up immediately, but they can include neck pain, stiffness, and headaches. If you experience any of these symptoms after an accident, seeking medical attention is essential.
- Back injuries – Back injuries are another common accident injury. They can range from minor strains to severe injuries, such as herniated discs. Back injury symptoms may include pain, stiffness, or numbness in the back or legs. You must seek medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms after an accident.
- Internal injuries – Internal injuries occur inside the body and are not visible from the outside. They can be severe and even life-threatening. Symptoms of internal injuries may include abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness. If you experience any of these symptoms after an accident, seeking medical attention is crucial.
- Psychological injuries – Auto accidents can also cause psychological injuries like anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These injuries may not be immediately apparent, but they can seriously affect your mental health. If you experience any symptoms of psychological distress after an accident, it’s important to seek counseling or therapy to address these issues.
Auto accidents can cause many injuries, some of which may not be immediately apparent. As experienced New York car accident lawyers, we strongly advise victims to seek immediate medical attention and legal representation after an accident, regardless of whether they feel any immediate pain or discomfort.